What can I do if my son was recently accused of stealing money from the cash drawer? 10 Answers as of February 05, 2014

The police contacted me and my son and told us that he could be charged with a misdemeanor for embezzlement.

Get a lawyer to defend him. That is what you can do.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
You need to immediately retain criminal defense counsel for your son (or he needs to retain counsel). This is a serious charge that could adversely impact his entire educational and professional career unless it is dealt with properly.
Judith Samson, Attorney At Law | Judith Samson
I highly recommend that your hire an attorney for him. This type of case is know as a "crime of dishonest" which will affect his future job opportunities.
He has the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what he says it will be twisted around and used against him later. Petty theft is a crime of moral turpitude, and if convicted he can kiss his college/career aspirations goodbye. Hire a lawyer for him before you get duped into something you both will regret for life.
Fluhr & Moore, LLC | Steven S. Fluhr
The only thing you can do is hire a lawyer for your son who after speaking with your son can decide the best course of action.
    Michael K. Cernyar, Esq. | Michael K. Cernyar
    The best thing you can do is to retain an attorney for your son. Many times defendant's with a private attorney get better results.
    LeadfootSpeedingTicket.com
    LeadfootSpeedingTicket.com | Andrea Storey Rogers
    If he is actually charged, hire an attorney to represent your son. Don't let your son talk to the police on his own without a lawyer present.
    Under no circumstances should you or your son agree to talk to the police or take a polygraph without first consulting with a lawyer. Be proactive and seek out an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area.
    You need to hire a lawyer and don't make any statements. Anything you say can and will be used against you. Normally, we can have the case dismissed.
    TAMBASCO & ASSOCIATES, P.C. Attorneys at Law | R. Tambasco
    The best thing you can do is to tell him not to make any statements without counsel and see that he has one before any questioning begins.