What can I do if my son was given a drug paraphernelia ticket? 1 Answers as of August 06, 2011

Ok so hear is my dilemma. I just found out today. He was in my other sons car when they picked up one of my other sons friends. Well needless to say the kid put a pipe of some sort in my sons trunk. Well they got pulled over and because my 20 year old was the oldest he was singled out because he looked suspicious and was given the ticket. The other kid did not confess of course. So my son is wanting to join the military and is having a hard time finding a job...wonder why? He payed the ticket and pead guilty. Is there anything I can do at this point. I am soooo angry. I have worked to hard for my kids to have great future for themselves. For it to b thrown away over this crap. Yes they do need better acquaintances. God bless and thanks.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
Was the guilty plea 10 days ago or less? If so, get to a lawyer IMMEDIATELY and get that case appealed to county court (assuming that the court in which he pled is not a court of record.) He will get a trial de novo (new trial) at the county court level. There he can work out a deal so that the case gets dismissed and he can later expunge his record. By paying the fine, he took a final conviction which will stay on his record forever. (He may also have a search issue and he absolutely has a possession issue. How can they prove that he possessed the paraphenalia?!)
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: