What can I do if my son is in a state hospital after getting into trouble at school for making a threat he did not mean? 1 Answers as of May 18, 2011

Where he is, the conditions are deplorable! He is locked in his room, and the kids there are truly sick. My son cant sleep, and all he kept saying was he cant take it. There’s one boy who sits and screams at the top of his lungs! After 2 hrs yesterday my husband and I both were on edge. There is a community services board in our area that can offer him counseling, medication, and a doctor, if he needs it. He made the threat to me all the time. It's his overdramatic, teenage way of dealing with stress. When we saw him, he was exhausted, and nervous. He kept saying that he couldn’t take it he needs to come home. We have a conference call with the hospital this morning at 10 am. Please give me a legal precedent or just a leg to stand on! I would be so grateful. My son is 15 yrs old and this is the 2nd time in his entire school career he's been in trouble.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
I would recommend that you engage the services of counsel to represent your son who is appropriately experienced with Title 37 of the Virginia Code and the involuntary commitment process used in the Commonwealth to detain persons who are alleged to have a mental illness or defect serious enough to represent a danger to themselves or others.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 5/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: