What can I do if my old boss got me fired from my new job? 1 Answers as of May 31, 2011

I recently quit one job for a better offer. Turned out the old boss and new boss know each other. In trying to get my final pay from old job, old boss found out I got new job and threatened to sabotage new job if I did not stop bothering him about money owed. Now I no longer have the new job, and suspect foul play.

David B. Sacks, P.A.
David B. Sacks, P.A. | David Sacks
You might be able to sue your former boss for tortuous interference with contractual or business relations. It would, however, require whomever made the decision NOT to hire you at the new job to testify specifically what your former boss said that made your prospective employer NOT hire you. That is most difficult in these situations because very often the prospective employer does not want to be involved and will have a sudden but complete lapse of memory.