What can I do if my medical insurance was adjusted by my employer without my consent? 1 Answers as of June 27, 2011

My work offered 3 medical insurance packages 'basic' 'recommended' & 'premium'. Last month I just found out that they got rid of the 'recommended' option and if I didn't adjust my policy they automatically upgraded my (and a few others) medical insurance to the 'premium' package. My medical insurance taken out of my check is more than double of what is was. They are saying since they didn't hear from me that there is nothing they can adjust now and I have to wait a whole year. Apparently my scheduled day off is when they talked about it. Is there anything I can do?

Rose, Senders & Bovarnick, LLC
Rose, Senders & Bovarnick, LLC | Paul S. Bovarnick
The question can only be answered by looking at the insurance Plan, and by looking at other documents from your employer concerning your employment and insurance.