What can I do if my landlord is unlawfully evicting me? 4 Answers as of February 18, 2014

My landlord says I have not paid rent since October. This is not true. He has not provided me with receipts since I moved in back in June. He also has violated many parts of the Landlord Tenant Act. What do I do?

You have to wait until he gives you a three day notice and then sets the matter for an unlawful detainer action. At that point you can raise the defense that you paid and at trial bring in what evidence [cancelled checks, etc.] you have. You can also raise any breaches of the law; not knowing what violations you claim occurred, I can not say if you can raise them before trial or if they are relevant to the issues at trial.
Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
Defend yourself in Landlord Tenant Court. What has the landlord "violated"?
Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
You must immediately file a response to the eviction papers. They should show you where to file a response, in other words which court. Then the Judge will schedule a hearing so you can tell your story.