What can I do if my guardian is denying me appropriate health care? Posted on June 13, 2011

I am going to be 18 in 4 months. I found out two days ago that I am pregnant, I have told my legal guardian, my aunt, and when I returned home she declared I am not to speak or see my baby's father (he will be 18 this July). I told him, before I had everything taken from me, and he is furious. He wants me and the baby to move in with him and his sister, who is 26 years old. My aunt is refusing to take me to the doctor, even though the appointment was suggested by the hospital, and refuses to fill a prescription for me, also issued by the hospital. These do not seem to be grounds for emancipation from what I have read, is there anything I can do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: