What can I do if my grand daughter is being abused by her mother? 2 Answers as of February 29, 2012

My grand daughter is abused by her mother; her mother put her out of the house. She is staying with a neighbor so that she can graduate from HS in May. She is 18, but has been told that her mother is still her "guardian" and has to sign school papers so that she can graduate. She lives in Monroe, Ga. Is this true or is she responsible for herself in these matters?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
H. Scott Basham, Attorney at Law, P.C. | H. Scott Basham
If she is 18 now, she is legally an adult. She is free to live with you, her neighbor, or anyone else. Nor should she need anyone to sign papers for her.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 2/28/2012
Click to View More Answers: