What can I do if my general manager called me a nigger 3 times but no one heard him? 14 Answers as of April 05, 2013

My general manager called me a nigger 3 times because he got mad at me. I lost my job when I told his boss.

Steven Miller | Steven Miller
You certainly have a discrimination/ wrongful termination claim if you can prove it. "He said/ she said" are not easy. I would also suggest you contact either eeoc or feha which you need to do within a year of the termination in order to get a "right to sue letter" for discrimination.
Law Office of Tadd Dietz
Law Office of Tadd Dietz | Tadd Dietz
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits employers from discriminating against an individual based on one of the following protected categories: race, color, religion, national origin, or sex. It is also against the law for an employer to harass an employee based on one of these protected categories. The law also prohibits employers from illegally retaliating against employees that have complained about and/or filed a charge of discrimination. It is unlawful for an employer to take an adverse employment action and discriminate against employees in regards to any term or condition of employment (i.e., hiring, firing, promotion, pay, training, and employee benefits, etc.). An employee that feels like they have been discriminated against can file a claim with the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ("EEOC") Information on filing a charge with the EEOC can be obtained from the EEOC's website. An employee in Utah can alternatively file a charge of discrimination with the Utah Antidiscrimination and Labor Division ("UALD") Information on filing a charge with the UALD can been from the Utah Labor Commission's website. Claims under Title VII can be pursued against employers with 15 or more employee, and must be filed within 180 days of the last adverse employment action. This information does not constitute legal advice. If you are seeking legal advice regarding the specific facts of your case consult an attorney.
Law Office of Russell J. Thomas, Jr. | Russell J. Thomas, Jr.
Get an attorney and sue for racial discrimination, racial harassment and retaliatory discharge.
Law Offices of Maryann Gallagher | Maryann Gallagher
This is a discrimination and harassment case, it does not matter that no one else heard him, your testimony is evidence enough. In most harassment cases, the person does not do or say the offending remarks in front of anyone else, they are usually too smart to do that. You should definitely consult with a lawyer to preserve your rights immediately.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
Go see an attorney that handles DISCRIMINATION cases. I do not.Most do not charge to talk and evaluate your case. First, calling you this is serious.But, retaliating against you for reporting this is very serious.Most lawyers dream of a case this good. Stand up for your rights, but use an attorney that knows what they are doing.
    Tricky question, no witnesses, hard to prove. To have a cause of action you will have to prove you were terminated because of race.
    Desmond, Strang & Scott, LLP
    Desmond, Strang & Scott, LLP | Jordan Scott
    Massachusetts law prohibits employment discrimination, and sometimes even a single utterance of a word like that can be sufficient to trigger liability, especially if you have suffered adverse consequences, such as being fired. You should contact a private attorney and/or the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
    Burkhalter, Rayson & Associates, P.C.
    Burkhalter, Rayson & Associates, P.C. | David A. Burkhalter, II
    This is obviously unacceptable and inappropriate conduct. Depending on the number of employees the company has, this could constitute a violation of Title VII, and if you were fired for reporting it, it could constitute unlawful retaliation under Title Vll and your applicable state law prohibiting discrimination and retaliation. You should consult experience legal counsel. You can also contact, the EEOC.
    Kram & Wooster, P.S. | Richard H. Wooster
    Report the discrimination and retaliation to the EEOC or the Washington Human Rights Commission. You may also want to talk with an attorney.
    Coane and Associates
    Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
    File a complaint with the EEOC, or hire a lawyer to do it for you.
    Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
    You should contact an attorney to discuss filing a complaint or file a complaint on your own with the Wisconsin Equal Rights Division.
    Lydy & Moan | C. Gary Wilson
    File for unemployment and file with Ohio Civil Rights Commission for racial discrimination.
    Pingelton Law Firm | Dan Pingelton
    Contact an attorney and sue him and your employment for discrimination.
    Behren Law Firm
    Behren Law Firm | Scott Behren
    You need to file a complaint with the EEOC. Then possibly a lawsuit for race discrimination. Feel free to contact us if you need help with this process.