What can I do if my former employer will not give me my final paycheck? Posted on May 25, 2011

I left my job suddenly at the end of April. A week later the pay period was ending and I was expecting my final check to be mailed. I texted my manager, the same procedure as I always did, and he finally texted me back after I told him I was going higher. I was put in contact with the general manager who told me I was "forgotten" when they ran the previous pay period (this check was to include ANOTHER day they forgot the previous pay period) so I said fine and verified they would mail the check that coming friday which was the day everyone would receive their checks. It is the following Wednesday and I still have not received the check, and I am only one town over. I called the general manager on Monday to update when she was sending it, and again on Wednesday but no answer. I am at a loss of what to do. What are my rights?