What can I do if my former doctor lost his license? 13 Answers as of October 15, 2014

My former doctor lost his license and closed his practice due to being found guilty of illegal activity. Can he legally respond to a request for a comprehensive narrative medical report? If he can, and does not respond, do I have any recourse?

If you can track them down, you can get copies of the records. However, I doubt that the doc, under these circumstances, will want to bother doing a narrative report.
Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
In order of the questions asked: 1. Nothing, you have no standing to help him regain his license. 2. This is a yes and no answer. Yes, he can respond, but if the opposition knows he has been suspended, the court will not accept it. No, he can not respond as he is no longer considered an 'expert.' 3. Not applicable. Surely, you or your attorney can find another doctor to submit a comprehensive narrative medical report.
C Page Hamrick Attorney at Law | C Page Hamrick
He can but contact the Medical Licensing Board.
Answer Applies to: West Virginia
I think that by losing his license he can't respond. Besides, his opinion will be destroyed on cross examination. Get another doctor.
What you are seeking, in effect, is a medical opinion from an unlicensed physician. I don't know that you necessarily want or need that. What you'll probably need to do is get your records transferred to another Dr. and get that Dr. to do a narrative. Good luck.
    S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
    Since he has lost his license to practice his medical narrative report would probably be challenged and prevented from being introduced into evidence. Even if it somehow were admissible the credibility of the doctor would be minimal because of his illegal conduct and the loss of his license.
    Contact the medical society in your county or in Raleigh and ask their help.
    I would think that his writing a medical report would be the practice of medicine so he can not do it. Certainly his charging you for the report, which is what he would want to do, would be the practice of medicine, so is banned. All you can do is ask him to have his secretary send your file to the new physician you have selected.
    Law Office of Marc June
    Law Office of Marc June | Marc June
    My recommendation is that you contact the Medical Licensing Board and ask for help in securing your medical chart. Under Alaska law, he is required to make arrangements as to your medical records.
    Answer Applies to: Alaska
    No, he cannot write a narrative report because that might come within the purview of "practicing medicine" which he is no longer allowed to do. Your recourse is to obtain all of your records (you are entitled to them) and find a new doctor.
    Adler Law Group, LLC
    Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
    No. You should get your file and start again with a different doctor. He should not give you any opinions without a license.
    Prior, Daniel & Wiltshire | Mo Wiltshire
    The Doctor would still be able to respond to your request but if he has lost his license the value and even admissibility of the evidence may be compromised. If the Doctor has lost his license and closed his practice I am afraid it is quite doubtful you have any meaningful recourse.
    Candiano Law Office
    Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
    If his credibility is so compromised, you do NOT want to pay him for a narrative report.