What can I do if my form I94 is expiring and I need an H4 visa extension? Posted on March 14, 2011

I am on an H4 dependent visa. The attorney forgot to file for an H4 extension along with my spouse's H1B (premium) extension. My spouse got her H1B last week while my H4 extension has just been applied, today. Problem is my I94 is expiring on March 20. I am unable to get an extension for my drivers license which expires on the same day (March 20) as the DMV insists on a valid I-94. The H4 extension approval can take anywhere between 3-8 months. What can I do? Any suggestions would be helpful. The earliest option that I am aware of is to attend an interview at a US consulate in my home country and get a new I94. But this is very expensive process for us (around $2500). Can I sue the attorney for travel expenses to get a new I94? Thanks.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: