What can I do if my fiance kept all of my belongings? Posted on August 08, 2011

I left my fiance because he has been verbally abusive to all of my family and friends. He calls them and leaves messages calling them names and asking them to come fight. I was afraid of him. He knows everything and is being vindictive and calling me and my mother horrible names..He kept everything I own. I have been going through several surgeries this past year from a mistake that a doctor made during a hysterectomy. I have been working and supporting him. He has made statements to me about spending my money on clothing and missing work when I was in pain that was taking away money for bills. He has only worked about 9 months in the two years we were together and got fired from his job. I have furniture there. My Mothers China that she gave to me. He gave me my dining table and chairs, clothes and a bunch of garage sale items. I still have lots of belongings in his house. I am currently out of work on short term disability and need to know if I have a case to fight him for my things.