What can I do if My Fiance got a 2nd pv? 1 Answers as of August 02, 2011

My fiance got her 2nd PV. I have been told that if my fiancé fires her lawyer and takes public council she can file it under drug court instead of the court with original charges. First is this true, and what can I do to help her in this matter? She is currently being held in sidekick county for it.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Phillip Weiser
Law Office of Phillip Weiser | Phillip L. Weiser
If the case is a felony, then she can ask for a public defender instead of paid attorney. If a misdemeanor, she can also ask for court appointed attorney but it will not be from the public defenders office. The original judge who sentenced the case will have authority to keep the case or assign it to drug court if appropriate. There are many variables and your question does not give enough information to answer your questions adequately. You should consult with an attorney with specific information regarding her case.
Answer Applies to: Kansas
Replied: 8/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: