What can I do if my ex-boss owes me a lot of money for unpaid wages and overtime but refuses to pay? 3 Answers as of July 05, 2016

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Christian F. Paul
Law Office of Christian F. Paul | Christian F. Paul
Failure to pay wages is a serious violation of the Labor Code, and you are entitled to file a claim with the Labor Commission of California or to file a lawsuit against the employer. Any failure to pay the wages, or overtime, or to allow break time or meal breaks, etc. makes the employer liable for damages and penalties of various sorts. Lots of attorneys handle these kinds of cases called wage and hour cases so check with your local bar association for leads. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/5/2016
Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
Go to the California Labor Department to make a claim.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/29/2016
Frank Law Group, P.C.
Frank Law Group, P.C. | David E. Frank
Best bet is to contact the Department of Fair Housing and Employment, or Department of Labor. Often they have very helpful tips and forms on-line. In California, they will aggressively pursue the employer on your behalf-though not sure which state you're in based on your post.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/29/2016
Click to View More Answers: