What can I do if my ex is refusing to pay child support? 1 Answers as of July 22, 2011

I have shared custody with my ex. My 13 year old son in the past year has become very difficult for me to handle. He skips school, he doesn't follow house rules, he has attempted suicide, he is verbally abusive to his younger sister and myself. I live in Panama City and my ex live in West palm Beach. I have asked him repeatedly to step in and help. We agreed that after the school year he would keep him, now that my children are there visiting for the summer he has seen the issues first hand and he is refusing to keep my son. His reason are because we have to go through the court to get it done legally. I have agreed to sign a notarized letter and send him back his child support payments until we can get into court. Since my children have been there he hasn't sent his last 2 child support payments, he has lied to them and told them I don't want them. If Ican't legally get him to help me deal with my 13 yr old, what can I do to prevent him from adding to the already fragile state of mind my son is in?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
Talk to a lawyer about a payroll deduction order and other options
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: