What can I do if my ex husband refuses to give me my belongings back after divorce? 3 Answers as of December 05, 2011

I was the one who moved out of our house. I did not get any of my personal belongings. I already filed for a divorce and am still waiting to get it final. I tried to get all my things but my ex-husband does not want to give it to me. He already moved out to another place because he cannot afford to pay the house rent, but before he moved he sold some of our furniture and some of my personal things he is selling on Ebay. What is the legal action I should do?

Perform discovery (Special Interrogatories, Requests for Admissions, and Demands to Produce) to get responses and documents that you can use at trial to prove your claims, and seek a trial, where you can put on your evidence and testimony, including testimony as to the value of things sold, so that the Judge can make appropriate item-return and compensation/reimbursement orders. You would best be represented by an experienced Family Law Attorney.
If your husband will not cooperate with the process of dividing assets fairly, then you will need a court order. To get a court order on asset division, including reimbursement for assets that were improperly sold, you need to go to trial. The process of getting to trial can't be adequately explained in a few sentences. Best to hire a local family law lawyer to help you, or seek assistance from the free legal self-help center at the courthouse.
Return go court to enforce the division of your property and request that the court order your husband to stop selling your personal belongings.