What can I do if my ex is harassing me? 1 Answers as of February 12, 2014

My ex and I broke up recently. The dog that was outright mine, he won't give back. He also destroyed my possessions and trashed all of them. He sent me pictures of my things, some broken, in a box and admitted to doing all of this. He told me to "go die." And he is posting nasty and untrue things about me on the internet, I have screenshots of it all. I have in the past had an order of protection against him. He is in Queens, NY which is where we lived together and I am now back in my hometown in Warwick, NY. Which police should I go to and what exactly should I do? Please help.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Richard Southard
Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
You would need to file a complaint in the precinct where the crimes occurred. You describe a number of crimes that may be charged by the police. Criminal mischief for damaging your property (assuming it wasn't abandoned property) Petite larceny for taking the dog (if it was wholly your property) harassment and aggravated harassment.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 2/12/2014
Click to View More Answers: