What can I do if my ex does not follow Child Visitation custody order? 7 Answers as of June 11, 2013

My ex and I have a new Custody Order which was filed in March of 2013. My ex has withheld my child on 4 different occasions since that time. I was not satisfied with my attorney and I am afraid to go back to court in the County that has jurisdiction. What can I do?

Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Seth L. Reszko
This is tough. Your only recourse is to go back to Court. If you were not satisfied with the attorney, you should hire a new attorney. If dad is interfering in your custody/visitation rights, there are only a few things that the Court can do short of changing custody. However, you should be going in with a request to change custody/visitation because dad can't seem to follow the order of the Court. You also might be entitled to attorneys fees by having to file a motion to bring him back to Court for his own misfeasance.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
Need to file a Motion for Contempt concerning the visits
Glenn Milgraum PC
Glenn Milgraum PC | Glenn P. Milgraum
Based upon the facts you relayed, it sounds like you need a new attorney to bring a "contempt motion" and/or motion for change of custody. However, unless there is an ethical violation involving the judge, the matter will most likely have to be kept in the same county.
All you can do is move for your ex to be held in contempt.
Kunin &Carman | Ishi Kunin
Your only option is to file a Motion to have her held in contempt if she is not following court orders. Go have a consultation with another attorney experienced in family law to see if you are more comfortable.
    GordenLaw, LLC
    GordenLaw, LLC | Vanessa J. Gorden
    You need to file an order to show cause to have other parent held in contempt. You would do best with an attorney. The same judge will have continuing jurisdiction.
    You can file a motion to adjudge them in contempt, but your problem is venue and you can't change venue based on the fact that you are afraid of that jurisdiction, does not work that way.