What can I do if my ex boss is falsely accusing me of stealing from him? 4 Answers as of November 10, 2014

I had worked for cash with a small landscape company for two years. I left the the company to better my life. And now he is saying that I stole from him. A state police officer came to my home today and said there may be a warrant issued for my arrest. What can I do to protect myself?

Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
Do not talk or write to others about this. Retain an attorney if the police want to question you. If the police want to talk to you, advise you want an attorney. Do not make any statement to them. The length of time before being accused is very suspect.
Do NOT under any circumstances talk to the police, agree to talk to the police, or take a polygraph without first consulting with a lawyer. Do not believe what they tell you. You can best protect yourself by exercising your constitutional right to remain silent and retain an experienced criminal defense lawyer.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C. | Mattias Johnson
For there to be a warrant out for your arrest, there would need to be compelling evidence that you did, in fact, steal from him. From the sounds of your question, you do not believe this to be true. The best thing you can do is to be honest with the police officer when he asks you a question, and if charges are actually filed, to look into hiring an experienced defense attorney to help you work on getting the situation taken care of.
Engage an attorney immediately, do not speak with the police or any authorities without receiving counsel first. Thank you and good luck.