What can I do if my employer is refusing to pay me? 2 Answers as of June 30, 2011

Without doubt, my employers are the two worst employers anyone can possibly work for. My employers have not paid for my April, May, and probably will refuse to pay me for my June's work. They wrote me checks with insufficient balance in their bank, therefore I was unable to do anything with the checks. I called our income tax guy, and he said that they've lied and have not been paying him with my tax money. Ever since Tuesday, they closed down the restaurant and just disappeared. What can I do if they disappeared and refuse to pay me?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
File a claim with the Dept. of Industrial Relations at http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/HowToFileWageClaim.htm
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/30/2011
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator | Bernard Huff
Contact your State's labor agency and/or Attorney General's Office for a response to your employment matters.
Answer Applies to: Indiana
Replied: 6/30/2011
Click to View More Answers: