What can I do if my employer refuses to give me workers compensation? Posted on February 08, 2011

I live in Arkansas was working in Kentucky and my employer is based out of Texas. I was cleaning up at the end of the night and the ballast I was throwing away snagged or got hung up on something so instead of going in dumpster fell short and landed on my hand which resulted in an open fracture of the left ring finger. I told my supervisor at the door that I had hurt my finger and was going to ER to get stitches. At hospital found out there was exposed bone, was admitted, and had surgery the next day. I was released that evening. My boss called later that evening and said I have to have a hospital drug test. I had already been released was very heavily medicated in a lot of pain and assumed after all the blood work, that whatever needed to be done was. A few days later when asking what orthopedic doctor to go to and how to handle billing, my boss told me since I did not go back to hospital and take drug test, they will not file work comp and that I could not file because I had not tested within xx amount of time after injury. So now I am left with lots of hospital bills and no doctor will see me and I cannot pay them and I am off work for a month. What can I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: