What can I do if my dog was stole but the sheriff says he doesn’t believe the dog is mine? 6 Answers as of December 19, 2012

I produced proper documentation that sheriff’s deputy returned the dog. He takes it back and returns it to the people that stole it. I was told all parties would speak with sheriff on Monday. Sheriff gave dog to original thieves on Sunday. I was never contacted.

Get the vet's records to prove it is YOUR dog.
Call the deputy or sheriff and convince him/her it is our dog (perhaps you can get a statement from the person or entity from whom you got the dog), or sue the person who has the dog in small claims court for claim and delivery of personal property.
Sue the thieves in Judge Judy (small claims) court.
Victor Varga | Victor Varga
Sue civilly.
You will need to bring a court action to recover your property. It's called "replevin". Make sure you have whatever evidence you can get a hold of such as vet bills, witnesses who know you and your dog, photos of you with the dog.