What can I do if my divorce was granted 2 years ago and it is still pending? 15 Answers as of April 21, 2014

My divorce was granted 2 years ago. It is still pending and I have called and been by the office several times and still nothing has been done. I think this is ridiculous and no one should have to wait that long. I'm at my wits end not sure what else to do.

Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
This makes no sense. If the divorce was granted then it's not pending. Do you mean you filed the divorce? That's quite different from being granted. If it's still pending, what have you done to get a trial date? The lack of a trial date is usually what hangs things up. Have you sent proposed findings and a decree to the other side and if the other side signed, taken it to court to have a judge sign off on it. Have you actually reached an agreement with the other side. If not, you need to go to trial or mediation first, if your county requires it.
James M. Chandler | James M. Chandler
Maybe it is just the property issues that are still pending. You need to check the file to see what needs to be done.
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
By "pending," do you mean it is not final? If so, you need to file a request to have the final judgment entered.
David A. Browde, P.C.
David A. Browde, P.C. | David Browde
If your divorce was granted two years ago it is not still pending. A divorce is granted by the signing by a judge of a Judgment of Divorce. If it's still pending you're not divorced and, most likely, there's some problem with your paperwork.
ERIC J. WEISS, ESQ. | Eric J. Weiss
If it was granted 2 years ago you would have a final judgment of divorce so it would not still be pending.
    S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
    If your divorce was granted two years ago, then you should be officially divorced and have a decree in divorce as proof thereof. From what you state in your facts, it may be that the decree has been granted and you still have other issues such as the division of property to resolve. It may also be that you are not, in fact, divorced and, if that is the case, it might be that you filed your divorce case under 3301( c ) of the divorce code which would require the consent of the other party to obtain a divorce decree. If the other party withholds their consent, then you would have to wait until you were separated two years to amend your divorce to one under 3301( d ) of the divorce code. This would allow you to proceed without the need to obtain the other party's consent.
    Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
    Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
    Pick up your file and take it to another Lawyer.
    Darrell B. Reynolds, P.C. | Darrell B. Reynolds
    I do not know how your divorce was granted two years ago but still pending unless a final order was never submitted to be filed. Otherwise if it is still pending, then it was not granted.
    Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
    Question makes no sense. If the divorce was granted you only need to go to the clerk of court and request a copy of the final judgment. If the clerk says it is still pending ask what remains to be done.
    Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
    If your divorce was granted it is no longer pending.
    What office?
    James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
    James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
    A court speaks through a written judgment.. have you and your ex agreed on a written judgment? if so was it stipulated to and forwarded to the judge?
    GordenLaw, LLC
    GordenLaw, LLC | Vanessa J. Gorden
    This doesn't make sense. If your divorce is "pending" - you are not divorced and no divorce has been "granted." If the divorce has been "granted" the case is finalized and no divorce is "pending" (unless one or both have moved to enforce or modify the original orders). If you worked with an attorney, you will need to follow up with that person to clarify.
    Law Offices of Julie A. Ringquist | Julie A. Ringquist
    If your divorce was "granted", then it's not pending, it's finalized. Did you go through a Trial and did the Judge make Orders as to the disposition of each asset and each debt, division of each retirement account, child custody, child visitation schedule, child support, spousal support? If not, are you saying you signed a Marital Settlement Agreement and did a Stipulated Judgment covering all of those issues, but for some reason it was never filed with the court (so the Judge hasn't signed it or granted the divorce)? If so, you need to get that Judgment filed with the court and approved by the Judge. Are you saying you got a Status Only Judgment declaring that you are officially divorced, but that you still have all or some of the issues named above to either agree upon or go to trial for? If that's the case, can you both agree on a settlement? If not, you need to request a trial date.
    If your divorce was granted, it is granted and therefore, if you need it, the divorce judgment or decree should be available at the courthouse where it was granted.