What can I do if my deceased daughter has a court date? 7 Answers as of June 16, 2011

I really can't handle the police coming and looking for my daughter or putting a warrant out for her. She passed away 3 days ago and has court tomorrow and I don't know what to give the court as proof. I don't have any paperwork yet.

You should call or write to the court and tell them and that you will provide a death certificate, if needed, when you obtain one.
You should contact her attorney if she has one. He will eventually get the death certificate and prove to the DA and court that it is the same person charged in that court. The judge will then dismiss the case at the request of the DA, your lawyer, or on it's own accord.If you do not have an attorney assigned or retained yet you can call the DA or the court clerk and inform them of the situation. I am sorry for your loss.
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
Contact her lawyer and let him or her deal with it. I am sorry for your loss.
Law Offices of Carl Spector
Law Offices of Carl Spector | Carl Spector
First, sorry for your loss. You can go to court and speak with your daughter's attorney and inform them what has occurred. If you do not know who the attorney is, then you can go to the court and try to speak with the court clerk. Tell them that you will supply the appropriate paperwork once you have it. Good Luck
I'm sorry for your loss. It's never easy. Obtain an original Death Certificate and bring it to court with you and display it to the Judge and/or DA or police if they do arrive at your home. Good luck.
    First, please accept my condolences on your loss. Just call the court clerk and tell them that your daughter is deceased. If she had a lawyer, then let the lawyer know. I'm sorry that you may get a little bothered with this. Eventually you may get a Death Certificate and you can mail a copy to the clerk. Just try not to get upset and stick it out. Please note the following necessary legal disclaimer: I have not given legal advice. I only give advice to my clients. I am not acting as your attorney. I have not yet agreed to represent you. Anything I have said is based on limited information and may be subject to change as more facts become known. Attorneys express opinions. Attorneys often disagree. If you want further information or independent verification of anything I have said then you should immediately consult another attorney. Never sit on your rights!
    Rothstein Law PLLC
    Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
    Tell the judge what happened. The DA will get a death certificate and the case will be marked abated by death. I am sorry for your loss.