What can I do if my daughter wants to be emancipated? 5 Answers as of February 18, 2013

I am in UK where I am from, I am married to American citizen and I have a daughter 15. She's has been in some troubles in the past. I bring her over to UK, where I am working and I found out she's was having sex with a African American boy supposed be her boy friend. Me and my husband has told her several times in the past to concentrate to go to schooling stead She’s told me that boy is 17, but I am sure she’s will lie to protect him anyway. She think she's in love and she's want me to emancipate her when we get back to USA. How I can do that? If my daughter don't want to live by the rules at home its best that I let her move on and become responsible for her on actions. I know that maybe a mistake but she's can become violent some times. How can I handle this situation?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
First, if she wants that done so she at the age of 15 wants to be with an adult man, that is illegal under the circumstances. You are her parent and obligated to care, support her. That is your obligation until she is an adult. Counseling may help. There are programs available by looking in your area.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 2/13/2013
The court wont let her emancipate unless she's earning some kind of an income or someone else is financially responsible. Sounds like youve got a tough 3 years to deal with her.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/13/2013
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
There is a procedure to emancipate normally for age 16 in limited circumstances but I would need to know more .
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 2/13/2013
Carey and Leisure | John Smitten
You can petition the court however it is rerely granted.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/13/2013
Click to View More Answers: