What can I do if my child would prefer to live in my custody? 1 Answers as of May 04, 2011

My son will be 16 in July, he resides with his mother in IL. I relocated in July 2010 to NC from IL. He has wanted to reside with me for several years, but his mother refuses. He has visited since my move, the entire summer of 2010, 2 weeks christmas break, 1 week spring break, and will revisit the entire summer of 2011. He is depressed and wants to stay permanently when he comes for summer vacation. What are my options? How long will this process take? How much will it cost? Does he have a choice considering his age?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fox Law Firm LLC
Fox Law Firm LLC | Tina Fox
You will need to file a petition for custody and removal with the state of IL.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 5/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: