What can I do if my boyfriend signed the 10year ban for his deportation? 6 Answers as of August 01, 2011

I recently got married to my boyfriend of 3 years who's from mexico, who was recently deported for crossing the border in 04 he didn't sign a paper at that time. Since he did not have a bond and we didn't have the funds to get lawyer. So he had two choices either sign the 10 year ban or get a lawyer so he could pay for his plane ticket so he could have a chance at coming back. He signed the 10year ban! What will happen?

If he did not come back, you may apply for him and he will need 2 waivers to come back. Please consult with an immigration attorney since these kind of waivers are extremely complicated.
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
He is banned for 10 years. Maybe you could obtain a waiver.
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
You first must file a visa petition. If approved, he must file for an I-212 waiver because of the bar due to the removal order and may also need a I-601 waiver if he had remained unlawfully in the U.S. for more than 180 days in order to come back.
You can start the immigration process by filing the relative petition, but then he will need to apply for the immigrant visa at his home consulate an apply for a waiver, with evidence of an extreme and unusual hardship to a qualifying US relative.
He can't come back for 10 years. If he does he is subject to many years in federal prison. I am unclear what happened on his prior entry in 2004, but if you are engaged or married, you can sponsor him for entry via the US consulate. HOwever you must file an extreme hardship waiver for him to override the ten year bar. You really need a competent immigration attorney to prepare that for you because they are difficult to obtain.
    The law is serious. If he chose deportation rather than voluntary departure, he will be banned for 10 years. You may want to retain a lawyer to evaluate other facts to see if he is eligible for a waiver.