What can I do if my boyfriend is an illegal alien and was arrested for a drunk driving? How? 5 Answers as of June 10, 2015

My boyfriend was arrested drunk driving and having no license. He is illegal. Will he be deported? Can I do something to stop it?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
If convicted, yes, he can be deported. Nothing you can do about it at this point.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/10/2015
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You can retain an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/10/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
Sure. Hire a DUI specialist to represent him.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/9/2015
Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD
Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD | Mace Yampolsky
YOU should hire good lawyer to defend him. He MAY be subject to deportation.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 6/9/2015
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Seth L. Reszko
If your boyfriend was arrested for DUI, this does not mean he will be deported. If he is not referred to ICE after he is released for his DUI, he will probably not be placed in removal/deportation proceedings. Also, a DUI conviction will not result in him being deported either. Likely, even after a conviction for DUI, ICE will not arrest him for purposes of deportation. Consider that even if he is placed in removal proceedings and must appear before an Immigration Judge, there might be ways to help him remain in the country legally.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 6/9/2015
Click to View More Answers: