What can I do if my boss is threatening my job if I don't take on more than I can handle? 1 Answers as of May 09, 2011

What can I do if my boss is threatening my job if I don't take on more than I can handle? He wants me as a dept. manager to take on 4 departments which I can't manage. If I don't take the extra departments I may lose my job.

David B. Sacks, P.A.
David B. Sacks, P.A. | David Sacks
In Florida with it being an At Will Employment state, there is really not much you can do except try to do the work and hope he/she sees you are working hard, or go over your bosses' head or to the HR department to see if someone will help you. If you are fired for not being able to do what is being asked of you, and there is no disparate treatment of you as compared to others, then there is little else you can do. For more information on the employment laws in Florida, visit my website.