What can I do if my attorney withdrew from the case not for lack of payment? 2 Answers as of October 14, 2013

I had filed a quiet title action pro se then found an attorney to take the case. He charged me a set fee which I paid. Two years later, he still hadn't taken any deposition or sworn testimony, no evidence obtained, then withdrew saying he just couldn’t' continue as he didn't think we could win. I would have objected for good reason, but I think I can do just as good a job or better than he did. Is this a good enough reason to quit a client?

If your attorney does not believe you can win, do you really want him/her to represent you?
Janke Legal Consulting | Bruce C. Janke
Not sure why this is in the Foreclosure Defense section. But your attorney is entitled to keep, at most, the amount of money that represents fair compensation for what the work he actually did. If you think you have been treated unfairly by an attorney, you can file a complaint with the State Bar of California.