What can I do if my apple ID was used to make unauthorized purchases? 4 Answers as of March 27, 2014

My apple ID was used to make unauthorized purchases. I called apple and received a full refund. I called apple and asked what they do to catch the criminal they said in short nothing. I was shocked! They proceeded to tell me if I wanted to I could hire an attorney to get in touch with their legal team and they could release the info to them. I asked what kind of info and they said they really couldn't tell me.. I would be more than happy to hire an attorney to get this guy off the streets but I need to know first if it would even be worth filing for. What I'm looking for is what information apple could provide. not specific information such as a phone number or address of the person that used it, but something to the effect of we can get the name device used location etc. I would only pursue the thief if it was detailed info. If it was info I thought could be used to catch this criminal. If you have before dealt with apple and know what type of information could be obtained I would really like to know, that way I could decide for myself if I should move on with a case.

It's a police matter.
Report the theft to the police and, then let it go.
Bretz & Young
Bretz & Young | Matthew L. Bretz
You could contact the county or district attorney and see if they will prosecute it, but it is fairly unlikely.
Take the case to the local police. You had the charges reversed and have no loss to recover. Attorneys are expensive and would be at you cost if the authorities are not interested.