What can I do if a mechanic takes way too long to fix my vehicle and lies about due dates? 6 Answers as of July 24, 2013

I had a complete transmission repair on my truck by a mechanic and 3 months after the repair, the transmission began to make a strange noise. So I took it back to them and now the mechanic is taking excessively long to fix my truck and continually lies about when the job is going to be done. On top of this I need my truck to go to work. I've lately been asking for rides everyday.

There is a State agency that licenses mechanics. They have a complaint system and can revoke the license if the person does not make the matters better. Use that system first.
Take him to small claims.
You can demand the vehicle back, and take it somewhere else. You can purchase a new truck and allow him time to repair the old one. You can pay money to an attorney, in an effort to get money back from mechanic. There are many options.
I would get a date when it will be done and hold them to that date.
Law Office of Jacob R. Lauser
Law Office of Jacob R. Lauser | Jacob R. Lauser
Your best bet is to hire an attorney to write them a letter and call them to find out what the deal is, and to give them an ultimatum about either fixing the truck or returning it and giving your money back.
    STEPHEN LINDEN | STEPHEN LINDEN
    Auto mechanics and repair facilities are licensed by the state-file a complaint with licensing.