What can I do if it has been almost two years since I was injured from a bullet that hit me when I was passing by a house party in my car? 3 Answers as of September 15, 2015

I was driving when I got stabbed by a person that ran up to my car from a party. I happened to be there at the wrong time. They must have thought I was somebody else.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
In California, you have two years in which to file a lawsuit for such a tort injury. [you say it was from a bullet and then a knife wound]. You may want to sue the person who did it, their parents if they were under 18, the person holding the party, the tenants and/or owners of the house. You probably can not do that on your own, so immediately contact some local personal injury attorneys to see what they can do. They will charge you 1/3rd of the recovery as a fee. Your major problem may be finding some one who has any assets to collect from.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/15/2015
Pius Joseph A Professional Law Corp. | Pius Joseph
If it is over two years
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/15/2015
Law Ofices of Edwin K. Niles | Edwin K. Niles
The statute of limitations is 2 years, so any action should be taken immediately. Most lawyers will be reluctant to take a case where there may not be insurance (although if the tenants are the owners there may be Homeowner?s Liability insurance.) You should see an injury lawyer ASAP.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/14/2015
Click to View More Answers: