What can I do if the IRS is not responding to me? 2 Answers as of June 10, 2011

In 2009 I provided a detailed explaination to a 1995 question from the IRS in which I have received multiple letters requesting more time but no answer. subsequently, I was told by the IRS agent in Vancouver that "substantial evidence exists that the taxpayer did comply" in regards to this letter [she was reading this from her screen] and now I am being told that the response has been "lost" by the Tax-payer advocate. I have requested any information from the advocate in terms of transcripts but "lost' it remains. Somewhere there must exist some rights for a taxpayer. I am frankly tired of being ignored by them. What can I do about it?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
David Hoines Law
David Hoines Law | David Hoines
This is so old I doubt it is a problem.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/10/2011
Givner & Kaye
Givner & Kaye | Bruce Givner
You must carefully document in writing every communication you have with the IRS. If you talk to someone on the phone, get that person's name, badge number and mailing address and send a letter: Dear John, It was a pleasure speaking to you. I told you this. You told me that. Best regards. We call these "two sentence confirmation letters." If it isn't in writing, it doesn't exist. That applies for any communication, in person or over the phone. You must be patient and you must be thorough and you must be persistent.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/9/2011
Click to View More Answers: