What can I do if I’m getting evicted and filed bankruptcy? 7 Answers as of September 05, 2013

I was supposed to give bankruptcy paper at court day for eviction but my roommate died that morning she was on lease. I did get there a half an hour late, gave courts copy of bankruptcy paper but I’m trying to see if it works if I give it to constable when he tries to lock door. Do I have little Norris time? I just got a letter from court saying that Notice of Filing bankruptcy Notice of suspending Action. Does this mean I can stay awhile longer and the courts accepted or I lost?

Law Office of Thomas C. Phipps | Thomas C Phipps
There is an automatic stay against any collection activities by your creditors. If they file a motion and get relief from the s, they can proceed with the eviction.
It sounds like the court did not hear the case because of the bankruptcy. That will give you a little more time.
Jeffs & Jeffs, P.C.
Jeffs & Jeffs, P.C. | Kenneth A. Prigmore
If the constable comes to your door, he will have an order from the court telling him to evict you. Once the order is signed by the Judge, you are normally too late.
When a case is suspended, that means it is delayed. Your strategy appears to have worked for right now. If the landlord applies for a "lift stay," it is likely that the landlord will be able to resume the eviction. When the bankruptcy discharge is entered, the bankruptcy stay which is currently protecting you from eviction will also come to an end and you can expect the eviction to resume. I suggest working out a deal with the landlord or getting out before an eviction is necessary.
William Bidwell, Attorney at Law | Bill Bidwell
The bankruptcy discharges your debts. Bankruptcy does not give anyone the right to live in an apartment rent free.
    Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
    It appears that your bankruptcy filing has stopped things for now. But, you will need to pay rent on time going forward, or you will be evicted. Call the constable's office and tell them about the bankruptcy and the Notice of Suspending Action.
    Rosenberg & Press
    Rosenberg & Press | Max L. Rosenberg
    As long as judgment did not enter and there is no execution the automatic stay will stop the eviction. Otherwise eviction is one of the rare exceptions to the stay and if an execution is ordered before filing they can eject you.