What can I do if I’m falsely accused of sexual assault? 8 Answers as of December 18, 2013

My name was reported with 4 others to the Columbus Police relating to sexual assault of a person who had passed out after taking GHB. This person also stole credit cards and has a very shady past. I was questioned by phone by a detective who said my name had been confirmed as being present. I acknowledged this and truthfully said I witnessed this person self administering the GHB and when he passed out I tucked him in and watched over his breathing for several hours. I did not have sex with this person after he was unconscious. The detective said they don’t believe they are going to recommend filing charges but would like me to have an in person interview. I should mention I cannot afford to hire council. What should I do?

You should retain an attorney.
I would get a lawyer even if you think that you can't afford to. you can't afford not to.
Do not talk with the police! You have a right to remain silent. Do so! The police are allowed to lie to you about anything. This includes what they know and who is talking to them. Do not talk with anyone about the incident, even the other people present at the incident. If charges are filed, ask for the Public Defender and follow his/her advice.
Don't talk with the cops and get a lawyer is the best advise anyone can give you.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Not talk to the police.
    Find a way to afford hiring an attorney. And do not speak to the police again unless your attorney is present.
    You have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later. Don't you see it is a trap?
    Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
    You had better prepare by contacting a lawyer so that Laurie can defend you against those allegations. You should also say nothing until and after you hire an attorney.