What can I do if I'm being harassed by my neighbor and my landlord wont help? 2 Answers as of June 15, 2011

I keep getting harassed by my neighbor. I called the cops on her two times for loud music playing as I am a student and I have a small child with a set bed time. The woman is still mad over the police incident and keeps coming to my door to argue with me and threaten me. The last time she came with another person and they both were yelling obscenities while my child was in the house with me. I contacted the landlord, but he does not want to get involved and told me I was immature for calling the police when I did. I want to take action, but am afraid I'll keep dealing with drama from my irrational neighbor. What should I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Palumbo and Kosofsky
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
Your landlord may or may not have obligations here - there could be a breach of the implied warranty of habitability. I think the easiest thing to do would be to move.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/15/2011
Law Office of Jared Altman
Law Office of Jared Altman | Jared Altman
If the neighbor has threatened you or your child then you might be able to lodge criminal charges. Short of that, if you landlord won't help, you may have to move.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: