What can I do if I’m being blackmailed for stealing? 4 Answers as of December 16, 2013

I and one other person stole from a former friend of ours and he said if I paid him he wouldn't go to the cops, about 3 months ago. Now I've given him half the money but the third person hasn't paid any and now the former friend is taking me to court because I wouldn't pay all of it.

You are not being blackmailed just being asked to pay back what you have stolen.
Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law
Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law | Charles M. Schiff
If he is taking you to civil court, this is his right. He can ask the court for a judgment as to the amount that remains unpaid, not the amount originally stolen.
Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
If he's taking you to civil court, that's not blackmail. Him saying he wouldn't turn you in for theft if you returned the money isn't blackmail. You should speak to an attorney in your area as soon as possible.
Get an attorney, you are not being blackmailed and most probably jointly and severally liable to the former friend for all of the loss.