What can I do if if my insurance company takes almost a full year to finish my claim? Posted on May 11, 2011

It has taken my insurance company almost a full year now to complete my claim. I have continued to pay on my vehicle while I waited because I didn't hear any words from them. I have gap insurance so everything I paid waiting on them was for no reason but to make sure this did not affect my credit. I called and called but it was always a different person or she couldn't find my paperwork.When they finally told my claim would be settled within a week. So I stopped paying on the vehicle. The next month I got a call from the lease holder saying they have not received any info about the claim and ask why it took almost a year. They called back and said that this was going to affect my credit and I'm still waiting. What should I do?