What can I do if ICE was looking for me? 4 Answers as of January 05, 2011

I am on 5 year probation of a party to crime theft Felony, so far I almost done with the first year, last week I had 2 guys came to work and my house looking for me saying that they were from my probation office, I was not home so I called my PO first thing in the morning next day asking to see what was going on, but he said that apparently ICE was looking for me. It has been a week and I have not heard anything back..I am very worried I really do not know what is going on. I have my children and my husband here. Please give some advice.

I am concerned for you. The fact is that, under section 237 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, a person who has been convicted of an aggravated felony, or a felony crime involving moral turpitude, which includes felony theft, where the sentence is in excess of one year (including probation), makes that person inadmissible, and therefore subject to removal or deportation. ICE has apparently been notified of your conviction status, and may have issued a notice to the county probation office placing you on an immigration hold. There are options to defend against being held in detention pending a hearing. You may have your husband, or an immigration attorney, contact the ICE office in your local area, asking for a Notice to Appear, before an immigration judge, in order to set an appropriate bond, in which you may try to contest the case. It is possible that the case may have an exception where it would not be classified as a removable offense (though this is doubtful), or you may successfully make a case for a waiver based upon a hardship to your family if your husband and children are U.S. citizens or permanent legal residents. If you wish to discuss the case further, please feel free to call or e-mail me.
A felony theft may have gotten ice to look at a deportation. you must hire a lawyer to fight this matter.
It is time to seek immigration legal assistance. ICE has an immigration hold on any felony. Sooner or later they will find you. It is time for you to talk to an immigration attorney to prepare your defenses.

You are more than welcome to contact us.
Sounds like you were convicted of what immigration authorities consider a CIMT (crime involving moral turpitude) i.e., theft, in this case which may be enough to get you deported from the United States which is why the ICE officers were probably looking for you.

Better arrange for a consultation with a local attorney who handles immigration matters and, more specifically, deportation defense and removal matters and who should be able to further advise you regarding this situation.