What can I do if I wrote some bad checks when I was 19 and now I'm 36 and I can't get a job? 6 Answers as of March 30, 2016

You skipped a few steps. You wrote the bad checks. When you were contacted, you ignored the opportunity to correct the situation. Then you went to court and plead guilty. Let me suggest that you cannot get a job, because you may be under-educated.
Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
If you have one conviction, it may be possible to have that conviction expunged.
Depending on the circumstances, given the passage of time since your conviction, it may be possible to have your record expunged. It will depend on your other record if any and you should be speaking with an attorney about petitioning the court and whether not you qualify.
You need to have successfully completed the entire term of probation, have nothing criminal pending, and not be on probation for any other offense(s). Contact a lawyer to file the petition for expungement on your behalf.
Anderson Law Office
Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
Contact an attorney to attempt to have the offenses expunged from your record.
    Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD
    Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD | Mace Yampolsky
    You need to take care of the outstanding bad checks, get your case dismissed and seal your record. Talk to a criminal defense lawyer.