What can I do if I wrote some bad checks when I was 19 and now I'm 36 and I can't get a job? 6 Answers as of March 30, 2016

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You skipped a few steps. You wrote the bad checks. When you were contacted, you ignored the opportunity to correct the situation. Then you went to court and plead guilty. Let me suggest that you cannot get a job, because you may be under-educated.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 3/30/2016
Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
If you have one conviction, it may be possible to have that conviction expunged.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 3/23/2016
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
Depending on the circumstances, given the passage of time since your conviction, it may be possible to have your record expunged. It will depend on your other record if any and you should be speaking with an attorney about petitioning the court and whether not you qualify.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 3/23/2016
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You need to have successfully completed the entire term of probation, have nothing criminal pending, and not be on probation for any other offense(s). Contact a lawyer to file the petition for expungement on your behalf.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/23/2016
Anderson Law Office
Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
Contact an attorney to attempt to have the offenses expunged from your record.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 3/23/2016
    Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD
    Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD | Mace Yampolsky
    You need to take care of the outstanding bad checks, get your case dismissed and seal your record. Talk to a criminal defense lawyer.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada
    Replied: 3/23/2016
Click to View More Answers: