What can I do if I won credit dispute and now they are threatening collections? 5 Answers as of February 21, 2014

I have credit card dispute with a wedding company over some advertising services I did not get full benefit from. I have disputed the charges on my credit card and won all five charges they charged me. Now, they have a collection agency/lawyers office today contact about the charges and say I still owe the debt. They said if I do not pay, it will go against my credit report. I do have evidence I did not get full service from the advertising company and do not believe I owe them the full amount, if anything. I was promised a list of brides from the site which I never received and never received one message from a bride. My site was set-up correctly and told me rep I was unable with service, only reply I have got was "you still owe this month." I did have a contract for at least 6 months but didn't get the services I was promised. What steps should I take?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Stephens Gourley & Bywater | David A. Stephens
Winning a credit dispute on your credit card does not eliminate the debt, but you should tell them you will file a counterclaim for breach of contract.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 2/21/2014
SmithMarco, P.C.
SmithMarco, P.C. | Larry P. Smith
This is a potentially major violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and if they do report it, a potential violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. If you have proof from winning the disputes, this is a great case.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 2/21/2014
Morelos Law Firm
Morelos Law Firm | Andrea Morelos
You should definitely consult with an attorney to look over all the documentation you say you have, including the disputed charges that you saw you actually won with your credit card company, and likely the attorney can send a demand letter on your behalf to the collection agency to straighten things out.
Answer Applies to: North Carolina
Replied: 2/21/2014
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
The merchant is not bound by the credit card company's resolution. You can file suit 1st. If they do put it on your credit, dispute it in writing with the credit bureaus. It must at least be listed as disputed. If it is not, you can sue under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 2/21/2014
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC | Darren Aronow
You can sue them or wait to be sued and then counter claim against them. Or you can file chapter 7 bankruptcy and get rid of the debt all together.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 2/21/2014
Click to View More Answers: