What can I do if I will not finish my PC 1000 in the time allotted? 11 Answers as of April 26, 2011

The judge gave me a year to finish my pc 1000 class but I have waited until the last minute to start.

You need to enroll in the class pay all your fines and go back to the judge and ask for a continuance.
You have to throw yourself on the mercy of the court. A best case scenario is that the judge would allow you to still do PC1000; it obviously helps if you have a good excuse. Otherwise, your case will basically start over and you will face whatever penalties your offense carries. You could use the help of a good attorney.
Go back to court ASAP to ask and beg for more time, otherwise youll violate your probation and be returned to jail.
The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman
The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman | Gabriel Dorman
Well, you clearly need to get an extension of time to finish PC 1000. If you haven't yet enrolled then you may need a new referral into the program. How to accomplish this is an entirely different story. First of all, I would hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer to help you in court as this will only serve to maximize your chances of accomplishing the goal. Normally, getting an extension to complete PC 1000 is not difficult to do as long as the individual has made an effort. Unfortunately, that is not the case here. Waiting until the last minute to do anything the court has ordered you to do is never a good idea and there are very few, if any, excuses that would justify doing so. That being said, whether or not you will get another chance to complete PC 1000 requires a more thorough discussion of all the facts and circumstances involved with your case including, but not limited to, the reason why you waited until the last minute to start, what kind of case you have, the court and judge presiding over your case, etc. Needless to say, you need to have a detailed discussion with an experienced criminal defense lawyer to properly evaluate your case and advise you accordingly. I hope this answer was helpful. If you would like to speak with me in more detail, I would be happy to do so. Good luck.
Since PC 1000 is a relatively lenient program, get an attorney to go to court to get an extension for you. Do it now before it turns into a probation violation.
    You will have to go back to the judge. Hopefully the judge will reinstate you into PC 1000 but more than likely you will now have to complete Prop 36.
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts | Andrew Stephen Roberts
    You need to go to court way before due date- with an attorney preferably- and explain to judge why you waited so long; work; money; illness; etc; and ask for more time. It would also help if you are enrolled in a class when you go to court and have attended some sessions.
    Law Office of Joe Dane
    Law Office of Joe Dane | Joe Dane
    You can seek an extension to finish, but you're going to have issues. The judge isn't going to look kindly on your lack of effort. You're best off getting a lawyer ASAP to help you deal with this. Do not wait until your court date - act now.
    The Law Offices of Victor J Mazzaraco
    The Law Offices of Victor J Mazzaraco | Victor J Mazzaraco
    Make up as many as possible before next court date, then meet with the judge with some good excuse and say you'll make them up in a ridiculously short time, then do it.
    Robert Mortland
    Robert Mortland | Law Office of Robert Mortland
    You must get your case back on the calendar so that you can explain your situation and ask for an extension of time. Some judges are fine with this but some do not like doing this.