What can I do if I was wrongfully charged with possession of marijuana 2nd? 10 Answers as of June 12, 2014

CNET and DHR showed up at my father's house saying there's a report that my 17 daughter and I were using together. First officer searches my bedroom while I was standing there and nothing was found but he did find marijuana and paraphernalia in her bedroom. Second officer tells me he did find a roach in my room when no one else witnessed his search. We both drug tested the very next day, I was negative but she was tested positive. Three months later, I was arrested for possession of marijuana 2nd. What do I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Retain an attorney and prepare for trial.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/12/2014
Law Office of Eric Sterkenburg
Law Office of Eric Sterkenburg | Eric Sterkenburg
Do not talk with the police without an attorney representing you present. Go over the facts of the search with your attorney. At your arraignment your attorney will go over the police report with you. You can then explain the errors in the report. Your attorney can then evaluate your case and decide if a motion to suppress the evidence is warranted.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/11/2014
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
You need to retain an attorney to assist you. What concerns me more is the "2nd degree" charge.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/11/2014
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Get a lawyer and fight the matter. Also get into drug treatment right away.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/11/2014
Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law
Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law | Charles M. Schiff
You enter a plea of "not guilty" and make the state prove its case. You definitely want the assistance of an attorney to help in your defense.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 6/11/2014
Click to View More Answers: