What can I do if I was issued a warrant for theft by deception because someone used my information to do the crime? 3 Answers as of March 31, 2015

Someone obtained a online loan using my info I receive a email saying a warrant has been issued or will be for theft by deception I have never applied or received any loans. What can I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
If a warrant for your arrest has been issued, you would not be receiving an email informing you of this. Instead you would either get a visit from local law enforcement or a letter from either local law enforcement, the District Attorney's Office or the courts advising you that a criminal complaint has been filed against you. This sounds more like a scam than anything else. However, to be on the safe side and to prepare yourself for the worse, I would suggest that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your situation. (S)he would then be in a better position to analyze your case and advise you of your options.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/31/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
First you should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present if the underlying charge is a misdemeanor, so it is less risky for you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/30/2015
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
You need to go to the court and take care of this right away. You can hire an attorney to explain the circumstances or you can utilize the services of the public defender.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/30/2015
Click to View More Answers: