What can I do if I was interrogated without my parents’ permission or my attorney present? 14 Answers as of June 23, 2014

I was on probation at the time.

This depends on the facts. Was it related to what you are on probation for? How old are you? What were the circumstances around the interrogation?
You have provided me with no facts to enable me to answer.
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder | Linda K. Frieder, Esq.
If you were not read your Miranda Rights, a suppression motion may be in order.
Shalvoy Law, LLC | Walter A. Shalvoy Jr.
There are a number of factors to consider, were you free to leave at anytime, were you cuffed, at the police station, given your Miranda rights? Are they going to violate your probation?
You need to ask your attorney. If you have an attorney, we cannot give you advice.
    Thomas SanFilippo & Associates, LLC | Thomas SanFilippo
    Police don't need your parent's permission to interrogate you. However, they do need your permission. You can always refuse a police interrogation under the 5th Amendment to the Constitution, but the police will badger you and continue to try to get you to talk. The best way to get the police to back off is to invoke your 6th Amendment rights and ASK FOR A LAWYER. At this point, legally the interrogation has to stop and the police are not allowed to question you further until your lawyer is present. However, once your lawyer arrives there will be no interrogation because any criminal defense lawyer worth his salt would not submit his client to a police interrogation except only on very rare special circumstances. Bottom line, if the police question you, CALL A LAWYER IMMEDIATELY. Doesn't matter if you're at the scene on the side of the road or in the police station.
    A minor maybe questioned without his parents present or even notified. However, if you ask for your attorney to be present the law enforcement officers must stop all questioning until your attorney is present. If they continue to question after that, it is a violation of your sixth amendment right under the constitution. Any evidence obtained after that request resulting from the questioning cannot be used against you in court in the prosecution's case.
    Too late now. You have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later.
    It depends on the circumstances. Get an attorney on board to review all the police reports to discuss your options and likely outcomes. Never, ever talk to the police without first consulting with a lawyer.
    Elhart & Horvath, P.C.
    Elhart & Horvath, P.C. | Mattias Johnson
    You would need to provide more information in order for me to assess your options. The term interrogation, for example, has a very specific meaning and law enforcement can often get around this definition by, for example, being ambiguous as to whether you had a right not to answer any of their questions. Also, whether you were read you Miranda Rights. Also whether or not you consented to the interrogation. If the implications from this interrogation are serious, you will definitely want to speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney and get further direction. An experienced attorney may be able to get any statements made in a interrogation stricken from further use under some circumstances.
    Did you ask for your attorney to be present PRIOR to the interrogation and speaking? If so then speak with your attorney about the incident. What is the real issue?
    Joseph E. Blandford, Jr., Attorney at Law | Joseph E. Blandford, Jr.
    That depends. If nothing happens and no charges are filed, there is nothing to do. If they file charges, it's likely you still can't do anything about the interrogation. If you are on probation and have a probation officer and they were present, it's likely any statements are admissible in court and can be used against you. Further, even if the probation officer was not present, as long as you are not "in custody" the police do not have to read your Miranda rights. Bear in mind, the police can ask you a question, the issue is whether you have to answer them or whether those answers can be used against you.
    Answer Applies to: Kentucky
    Interrogated by whom?
    Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
    Hire a lawyer to attempt to suppress the information you provided if it is used against you.