What can I do if I was in a car crash in Massachusetts and my lawyer is not helping? 1 Answers as of February 10, 2011

I am in severe pain after a car accident last summer, and needed help with the insurance paperwork, so I had to hire a lawyer. However, he has not helped at all. The case has not progressed in months, and my doctor has not given his report yet. What are my options?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Joseph Lamy
Law Office of Joseph Lamy | Joseph Lamy
You are able to fire your lawyer if you are dissatisfied with his or her performance. He or she will be able to assert a lien on the case for the work that they have performed to date, but the new attorney that you hire will likely pay the lien out of his fee. At least, that is how I handle it when I take over a case from another attorney. That way, you only pay the 1/3 fee that you intended on paying all along.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 2/10/2011
Click to View More Answers: