What can I do if I was fraudulently kicked off Methadone Clinic (NO detox) and told I had no rights, was lied to and I have witness? 14 Answers as of October 08, 2012

I am not positive if this is a Civil Rights and/or Civil Liberty issue, but here is the situation. I have been a patient at a Methadone Clinic for almost 1 year. I have passed every single drug screen (never had a dirty urine, not even once!), was known for being one of the 'model' patients and even had 4 day take-homes (which are VERY big rewards/earnings when you are a part of a Methadone Clinic.) Now I have been kicked off with no detox, no support, NOTHING because a lying guard fraudulently told the GM of the clinic that I "told him that I was going to get my 'people' after him and kill him!" Here is the story: One day the Temp. Guard (who has only been there for less than one month, and is leaving very shortly) refused to shake my hand and I felt very disrespected and from there on out thought he was racist. I kept those feelings to myself until Monday, 10/1/2012. I was talking to my mother (who attends the clinic with me, she is also a patient with a perfect record) about how the guard was a racist man. The guard was parked in his car, apparently, and heard me say this. He then rolled down his window and started cursing and screaming at me. I got in my car, after telling him "Yes, you are a racist mother****, and I don't like the way you look at me," and we rode away. I learned today that the guard fraudulently told the GM that I "threatened him with his life by telling him that I was going to get my 'people' to kill him." Today I went to the clinic and was told by the Big Man (the Gm, I guess...) that I was no longer welcomed in the clinic and I was being thrown off immediately without any detox, no support, NOTHING. I asked/told him repeatedly to see "My rights, I want to see a copy of my rights and the procedure and anything that tells me what I have the right to do with this situation." He told me "I had no rights and there was nothing I could do." I then told him that my mother was the witness to prove that I NEVER threatened.

James M. Osak, P.C.
James M. Osak, P.C. | James M. Osak
You would sue the guard and perhaps the clinic if they didn't "fully" investigate guard's charges against you. Your CONTRACT with the clinic will play an important rule in this one.
Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq.
Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq. | Jeffrey Lawrence Pollock
Since you have created a dangerous personality conflict that may hurt you in the future as well, I suggest you find another clinic. Your mother will be perceived as a biased witness and perhaps not credible.
You do not have many rights to be in a clinic and if they determine that you are a risk and ask you to leave or kick you out you have no recourse. You should no have been vulgar with the guard. When you speak that way to people they get very offended and may have you arrested and change what you said to them. It is illegal to make threats and he could have had you arrested, so be glad that he did not also bring criminal charges. When you disrespect police officers or security guards you give them the chance to file false charges against you.
I would never expect a guard to shake my hand that could be a breach of security. I think you partly brought this on your self since you did not know WHY he did not shake your hand. I would go back and talk to the staff and apologize and try to get back into the program.
The manager of the clinic is right..... you have no right to be a patient at the methadone clinic. It is more of a privilege... an opportunity. I do not know what happened between you and the guard. It seems like there is more to this than you are telling me, but if the staff feel threatened, you are out. It is not a civil right issue nor is it a civil liberty issue.
    Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
    If someone does not want to shake your hand, it does not mean that person is racist, or any other negative reason. You carried it too far. I do not know their rules or policies. You were the one rude. Perhaps they have concluded you are in violation of a rule.
    Law Office of James A Schoenberger
    Law Office of James A Schoenberger | James A Schoenberger
    Whatever it is, it is not a criminal defense question.
    This is not a criminal defense question.