What can I do if I was fradulently claimed on someones taxes and am being charged by the IRS? Posted on June 24, 2011

A person reported me as his wife on his taxes to get more money back from the IRS. I didn't sign those documents but now the IRS is charging me. We have a child, never got married, and we separated a few years ago. The IRS is taking my checks, I know this person is no longer living in United States, he signed those income taxes reports, not me! But I do not know what to do now, he reported his income taxes in North Carolina, and I live in California. I reported my income taxes here where I live, and this is the same years he reported me as a dependent on his income taxes. Now since the IRS can't contact him they are taking my checks, and I have no money at all, and I have a child, and need to continue with my life, but hardly have money to pay the rent. I just need to fix this problem and continue working for me and my 4 year old. What should I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: